The Modern Mystery School has been likened to a university for the soul, where the curriculum focuses on awakening and developing your highest potential, and on attaining divine awareness. Beyond merely teaching, the Modern Mystery School helps students refine conscious potential, build focus, and activate their innate powers through a series of programs, classes, initiations, ceremonies, and sacred meditations.
The purpose of the Mystery Tradition is the conscious realization of one’s True Self and the connection to others, both physically and spiritually. With this expanded awareness comes the power to bridge spiritual energies into the physical world for healing and total transformation, at a personal and planetary level. Ultimately the Modern Mystery School is about true service, which we know is the way back to the Divine.
Today we exist for the purpose of facilitating the creation of the New Shamballah (true Peace on Earth) which we know will be accomplished with a fusion of all people and the dismantling of separation and inequality. This new world will be a perfect place where all people will have joy and abundance in everything. Such a world has existed before – under the rule of the Egyptian Gods and Goddesses – and it can come again. This is our HOPE – we invite you to join us!
What are the defining qualities of a true mystery school?
- It is an ancient school with closely held wisdom and teachings that have been preserved for the benefit of humanity and now is serving in modern times.
- Their teachings are typically passed down through the oral tradition from teacher to student in an unbroken lineage of physical initiations.
- The teachings and tools handed down lead the seeker towards the evolution and awakening of the soul, and to reclaiming one’s spiritual self.
- In an ancient, unbroken lineage, power is transferred through physical initiation in order to enable the individual on their life path to achieve their full potential and life purpose, and to gain greater connection to the Divine (which is called the Great Work).
Why do mystery schools exist?
- The main reason mystery schools exist is because life produces so many mysteries (life and death, who and what is God, how does this universe work, etc.) and humans have always craved knowledge about the deeper workings of this existence.
- One of the deepest mysteries is the mystery of the self; therefore the ancient decree of these esoteric schools has always been “Know Thyself.”
- The deeper teachings of the mystery schools help each individual answer questions such as:
- Who am I?
- What am I?
- Where do I come from?
- Where am I going?
- What is my purpose?
- The shamanic societies understood and taught this knowledge, but as we developed into modern culture, we lost the true understanding of the answers to these mysteries, and the Keepers of this knowledge went underground. Since that time, these teachings have been referred to as ”hidden knowledge”. The mystery schools help bring that “hidden knowledge” back to light.